Aircraft Restoration Technician
Corrosion abatement repair and restoration of aircraft and exhibits.
- Responsible for corrosion abatement-repair and restoration of aircraft. This includes sanding, sandblasting, priming and painting. Ensure application of markings on aircraft and engines.
- Ensure aircraft are move and spotted to assigned location on Hanger Bay and/or Flight Deck maintaining continuity of displays. Examples noted.
- Moves/relocate displays, aircraft, and engines etc. for special events and returning them afterwards.
- Corrosion abatement, repair and restoration. Examples noted.
- Priming and painting of designated equipment such as the JLG, life raft pods, sign panels, transformers etc. Also assorted pieces of display equipment.
- Assist with maintaining records of all aircraft such as completion of work, materials and moves expended etc.
- Works as a team member with other departments and volunteers to ensure assigned projects are completed timely.
- Operates and maintains #3 A/C elevators as directed by Chief Restoration and Director of Operations.
- Assist in the construction of new displays and tour routes in addition to assisting other departments directed.
- The Restoration Technician responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Safety Standards, store chemicals, ladders all equipment/supplies that is a safety prevention that may be hazardous
- Time management relevant to assigned projects
- Procurement of materials
- Collateral assignments
- Operate Heavy Equipment
- Must be competent to direct visitors.
- Must be capable of understanding and implementing the Lexington’s Safety Program.
- Must be capable of understanding and implementing the Lexington’s Heavy Weather Plan.
- Perform any other job duties as delegated by Director of Operations.
Download Full Job Description