Fire watch/ first aid
- Log and report incidents during shifts.
- Contact the appropriate department heads to handle incidents.
- Take charge of incidents on the ship
- Must have the ability to use judgment and discretion in various situations.
- Must have basic knowledge of first aid procedures.
- Secure pier for delivery of equipment- clear when necessary.
- Make announcements over 1MC system as needed.
- Direct phone calls and answer phone at Damage Control station when necessary.
- Turn on #16, Flag and Friendship lights at appropriate times.
- Direct Fire Department personnel to areas on ship when Fire Department or EMS are called.
- Daily or semi-weekly inventory of main hangar deck fire locker, air packs, extinguisher, bunkers, and first aid equipment.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of OD keys and keys to various equipment and department.
- Answer questions to visitors as needed, including general Lexington information as well as directing requests to various departments. Must be competent to direct visitors.
- Must be capable of understanding and implementing the Lexington’s Safety Program.
- Must be capable of understand and implementing the Lexington’s Heavy Weather Plan.
- Must interact with Lexington crewmembers, therefore must be familiar with crew and their responsibilities.
- Perform any other job duties as delegated by Director of Operations.
Download Full Job Description